In accordance with the Oceania Athletics Association Development Commission Terms of Reference (attached in clause 4.1.6 The establishment and maintenance of an Area Coaches Association and activities that will promote and reflect the views of coaches within the structures of the OAA and within the Member Federations) the Oceania Athletics Association is calling for Expressions of Interest to be considered for the Oceania Athletics Coaches Association (OACA).
The role of the Association is to provide expertise, advice and recommendations for the information and approval of the Oceania Development Commission on matters that support the growth, development and administration of Coaching at the Area and National level through education and other related activities.
A minimum of five (5) and no more than seven (7) members will be appointed to the Association. In accordance with the Constitution, the Chairperson of the Association shall be an OAA Development Commission member, nominated and appointed by the OAA Development Commission. The Chairperson shall be ultimately responsible for the work and outcomes of the Association.
The members of the Association will be appointed by the OAA Development Commission in 2021, for a term expiring at the conclusion of the next Election Congress to be held in 2023.
The Association is responsible for reviewing and making recommendations to the OAA Development Commission on the following matters:
- The establishment, management, and control of development structures suitable for the needs of Coaches in Oceania.
- The establishment and management of a development program having the objective of ensuring continuity of the development of Coaches in Oceania and co-ordinate such a program with the World Athletics development activities.
- The programs and activities delivered on behalf of World Athletics through the Area Development Centre, including the education, leadership and training programs for the development and retention of coaches.
- The review and implementation of the Oceania Athletics Strategic Plan, as it relates to coach’s development.
- The growth and development of Coaches within the Oceania Area and at national level to build skills and capacity and in doing so assist in addressing social issues such as health, wellbeing, and social inclusion.
- The delivery of programs and activities to increase and retain levels of participation across all age groups especially youth and school-aged children.
- The promotion and protection of the values of Coaching within the Area and at the national level.
- The development of policies and programs in support of World Athletics goals to achieve gender equity at all levels of Coaching in the Area.
If you are interested in being a member of the Oceania Athletics Coach Association, please complete the Google EOI form no later than MONDAY 16 AUGUST 2021.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your ‘Athletics Resume’ and ‘Letter of Recommendation’ signed by either your President or Secretary General.
Please direct any questions to the Executive Director, OAA – email@example.com.