The Area Development Centre (ADC) of the Oceania Region is part of the Development Strategy of IAAF and is located on the Gold Coast with the OAA. The ADC serves 20 Member Federations and 3 Associate Member Federations.
The main role of the ADC is to support the work of the Member Federations and providing a focal point for the program of development actions throughout Oceania.
ADCs are responsible for the implementation of the IAAF Development Program and the co-ordination of the development activities in their Region.
ADC’s were formally known as Regional Development Centres (RDCs). Since the opening of the first RDC in 1986, a wide variety of RDC activities have been carried out and much valuable experience has been gained.
The ADC Operational Policy is to improve the overall function of the network, and to encourage each ADC to take on greater responsibilities in the 21st century.
Activities of the ADC include:
- Regular communication with the Member Federations of the region.
- Education for coaches and technical officials.
- Seminars and workshops for the other specialist personnel of Member Federations such as General Secretaries, competition organizers, sports medicine personnel, etc.
- Co-ordination of grass root level courses for coaches, technical officials, etc. in the countries of their region.
- Publication of regional technical bulletins and other materials.
- Research projects.
- International Training Camps for young athletes.
To carry out their work effectively coaches need proper education and training. The IAAF has established a world-wide Coaches Education and Certification System (CECS), featuring basic level courses taught in each country as well as advanced courses staged at the IAAF’s ADCs.
To participate in Coaches Education, please find further information on your member federations website.
Technical Officials are essential for the conduct of competitions. The IAAF has developed a Technical Officials Education and Certification System (TOECS), featuring basic levels courses taught in each country as well as more advanced courses taught at the IAAF RDCs.